Author Topic: Mister Babache string  (Read 23077 times)

Martijn

Mister Babache string
« on: July 24, 2005, 06:05:03 pm »
Hello, there was no topic about MB string, and I wanted to know some things about it.

I only heard about Henry's white and coloured string (yellow, orange, green), but some time ago I heard MB also has white and coloured string (pink & yellow, correct me if I'm wrong). And that some of the MFP's use it (probably cause they're sponsored by MB). I recently (yesterday :P) bought 25 metres of the pink MB string. I like it, because it is less slippery in the beginning, and it's a little bit 'softer' compared to Henry's yellow string. don't know yet if it lasts long or not.

I know a lot about Henry's coloured string. (Check this topic for the difference between yellow, orange and green) But my question to you guys is: How is the white and yellow MB string (compared to the pink string)? Sometimes it's rather annoying to have that slipperyness in the beginning from Henry's yellow stuff, so maybe I want to switch to MB string (because I heard it's not slippery at all in the beginning, that's true for pink)

Thanks in advance! :)
download Made in Taiwan at www.arjangroenendijk.nl

Elmeri

• VotW Contributor
Mister Babache string
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2005, 07:17:29 pm »
At least for me yellow MB sucked.
2004 summer it broke 2 wooden stick from me. It had way too much fricktion (at least for my arlequinos) but I haven´t tried it after I changed to finesses...

(off-topic: yesterday I managed to get 3d everypass acceleration once [ I mean that I did 3 times wrap-accelerations in a row])

Priam

• VotW Contributor
Mister Babache string
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2005, 08:55:15 pm »
I use the MB yellow string for one year about, and I really like it, mainly because it's usable as soon as you put it, so it's perfect for me, just before a show, I change my string and it's good.
I don't use the white MB string so I can't compare.
The MB yellow string is also bigger than the Henry's yellow one, so it's more visual for shows (especially for my luminous UV act). But, for the same reason, the Henry's one lasts longer than the MB one, and this is not a problem for me since I've got the MB one for free...

Priam

Matt_

• Donator
Mister Babache string
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2005, 12:01:04 am »
But, for the same reason, the Henry's one lasts longer than the MB one, and this is not a problem for me since I've got the MB one for free...

some of us aren't quite so lucky, you know :p

yeah that is a good point though, Babache string is useable from the very instant you put it on, which is nice. if i could, i'd buy some babache white, just for the different (smoother/grippier) feel it has as opposed to henry's yellow.

no one that's posted yet is from north america, i feel kind of special since i bought my MB sticks and they came with MB white string...does anyone in NA know where to get babache string?

EDIT: i just checked firetoys, they have babache white...what the crap did they just get this stuff?? i never saw it in the past....

Sean

• Administrator
Mister Babache string
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2005, 12:45:02 am »
Babache white, yellow, and pink are available at Goudurix for you North Americans (under the code name "Performance" string... of course  :roll:)

I found the white Babache string a little big and grippy. It was nice at the beginning but didn't last long. Only nice thing was that I could get it all greasy from my neck and it would still be usable. In fact, it required regular greasings to stay usable. It also turned black from dirt within about an hour of outdoor use. Hmmm, maybe that's because the dirt was sticking to the grease. Pleasant. :)

Matt_

• Donator
Mister Babache string
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2005, 08:28:55 am »
that's disgusting, but interesting. i found that the babache white string became..."interesting" after a bit of use...it was almost what you could call total crap..but then again it had enough reedeeming features that i'd want to keep it around. i'm on the fence about it, it sucked, but i'm still wanting to buy some because i liked it :P

seán_

Mister Babache string
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2005, 05:43:15 pm »
If anybody likes the works straight of the roll, snaggy MB string you might also like the  string Beard supplies.  It  comes in yellow and pink as well, available  in the same  length rolls. Personally  neither is my cup of tea,  I  have  never  had a snag from a  2d wrap start  before, I'm sticking  with  my  Henrys  yellow.

-Leo-

• VotW Contributor
Mister Babache string
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2005, 07:53:17 am »
Babache string is ok but it wraps up really easily compared to henrys. As Sean_ said if you are going to use Babache stuff then you might as well use Beards stuff as they are exactly the same and the Beard stuff is cheaper.
Behind your back is your front.

DiaboloWebb

Re: Mister Babache string
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2006, 06:08:22 pm »
where can i get MR B string? i dont want firetoy's or any other stuff, just MR B string.
ALIENS ARE COMING TO ABDUCT ALL THE GOOD LOOKING AND SEXY PEOPLE.

YOU WILL BE SAFE; I'M JUST WRITING THIS TO SAY GOODBYE.

-Leo-

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2006, 06:20:59 pm »
Most online shops used to have it. I don't know why there isn't any now.
Behind your back is your front.

DiaboloWebb

« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2006, 07:08:44 pm »
ya i heard firetoy's used to have some but i've looked everywhere and cant find any MB string.

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2006, 07:21:26 pm »
Although based in Canada, Goudurix has MB string available:
http://goudurix.com/produits_detail.php?ID=64&Ref=19

I emailed them about a year ago to make sure it was MB. They do ship worldwide I believe, but paying to have it shipped across an ocean twice may not be the smartest route. ;)

DiaboloWebb

« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2006, 07:50:15 pm »
thanks sean although i was hoping for one a bit closer to home.
Sorry

seán_

« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2006, 01:39:58 am »
repeat after me
MRb string is the same as beard string/ firetoys/goudrix/ oddballs super smooth, just that MRb adds a premium.
Same colours, same bobbin, same code label on the side, same string

DiaboloWebb

« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2006, 06:19:54 pm »
firetoy's doesn't have pink  ???

Jakob

« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2006, 07:40:06 pm »
firetoy's doesn't have pink  ???
I've got a roll of pink firetoys string .. but I'm not going to buy more of it. the nylon on the outside of the string can be moved to easy. I would rather stick to Henrys superb string
//Jakob

Alex!

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2006, 06:18:35 pm »
'Henrys' green diabolo string is the best I have used. I would avoid 'Firetoys' diabolo string because I found that it can be too thick and 'rolls up' after about 7 power orbits. It also seems to become very fluffy.
STOP! HAMMER 'TIJN

Matt?

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2007, 09:42:54 pm »
i got a roll of yellow MB. it sucks big time. snags all the time, has less that 1 hour of diab life. truely the worst string i have ever used. (apart from just plain old string when i ran out for a week ;D)
i go for walk now? it easy to find papers! look, i got this bag of filters!

seán_

« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2007, 10:15:37 pm »
Some plus points for MB string, its ready to go and stands out better onstage.

Personally I hate it with a passion. I have a roll of pink here with no idea what I'm going to do with it except for tying parcels with it or maybe give it to Ceri-Anne

Alex!

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2007, 10:32:26 pm »
Sell it to someone who is realy bad at diabolo and you dont like. Thats what I do with the stuff I dont want.  :D
STOP! HAMMER 'TIJN