Author Topic: Collab?  (Read 7550 times)

Mattias

Collab?
« on: May 11, 2006, 07:34:11 pm »
Okey, this is just a thought from my side, I won't be able to organize anything, atleast not yet as school is killing me.
But what do you guys say about making some sort of collab-video as has been done at rec.juggling and is tried to be done at gatto's forum. Ofcourse it would be diabolo only. As many as possible film a short routine or a trick or whatever and send it in to a person in charge of editing. This would give people that are not familiar with editing a chance to take part in a video, and it would also be some good advertisement for this site and forum. So, how about it? Could this be reality in a near future?
Need help? Try these before creating a new topic:
Search and
Trick and Video Archive

Valium

• Donator
Collab?
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2006, 07:37:00 pm »
sounds like a good idea, but who wants to edit it

Rîkû

Collab?
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2006, 07:37:37 pm »
That would be SO cool! Good idea!

Martijn

Collab?
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2006, 07:38:48 pm »
Yeah that would be awesome Mattias, we only need (or: first thing we need to do) to find someone who wants to edit it all together. I would love to do that, but I have 2 other projects ahead of me, so I'm kinda busy atm... but if this is only going to take place in ermm... a few months or so, I'd love to do it!

Anyway, if someone else wants to do the editing-job, that would be great as well. I'd love to participate somehow... I would do my best to get a nice short clip (10 secs max or so?) of awesome diaboloing! :P

Let's hear your thoughts folks!
download Made in Taiwan at www.arjangroenendijk.nl

frank0072

Collab?
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2006, 07:49:17 pm »
Hey, this is a great idea! Since I know the editing of Martijn I strongly suggests he edits it, but if there are some other skilled video-editors it's OK with me too. I can't do it anyways.

How long would the routine have to be?

Could we send in a 1D and a 2D routine?
some people think they are better because they can do something better

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

ztt

• VotW Contributor
Collab?
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2006, 08:00:10 pm »
sounds like a great idea, would be awsome if someone would be willing to edit it
zack turner

Martijn

Collab?
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2006, 08:06:00 pm »
Well, the idea is that we all send in one very short clip (a trick, combo, routine, contact-diabolo, wahetever, as long as it has to do with diabolo) of let's say... a max of 5-10 seconds. We will have to get a lot of people (20-30?) to submit their clip, and then the editor can put that all together in a nice video :)

Mattias

Collab?
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2006, 08:11:41 pm »
I would love for you to edit it, martijn as I know of your capabilities.

The time of the clip will probably greatly depend on how many who wants to participate. And I don't see a problem with sending in 2 or 3 different "routines" with different number of diabolos and so on.
And of course the level of the diaboloing shouldn't matter at all. It would be great if a wide aray of difficulties are presented in the video. Because then I can enter a clip too :P

Nice that the ideo got praises, now we only have the problem of making it real.

I am signing up for a clip. Maybe we should start make a list.
So far:
Mattias

just add yourself when signing up.
Search and
Trick and Video Archive

Martijn

Collab?
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2006, 08:30:31 pm »
Yeah, you don't have to be very good at diaboloing, just make something nice of it. Preferably no bedroom or gym shots, but some interesting backgrounds which would make a good varying video. Try out different angles (this doesn't mean that everybody has to film their trick from above :P but you can try a 3/4 angle, or from below, or from the side, maybe even from the back! try to make a really cool short clip, with 1, 2 or 3, whatever... I think you know what I mean :)

The editor: Martijn
Allright, I'm just going to do it, to get this rolling... if everybody is okay with that :P It will take a while before everybody has sent in their clip I think. Let's set a date... Those who want to enter (have to email the editor about it), have to submit their clip before the 31st of July!

(preferably an avi in high quality! if you keep your clip short, the quality can be high and the mb's low, so your clip won't be too big to download for me! You can either email your clip to me at martijn "at" circusplanet "dot" net, or you can upload it somewhere temporarily... we'll find a way to get your clip at my computer :))

Flo

Collab?
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2006, 08:32:56 pm »
Perhaps Matt_ is willing to edit everything. I liked his last videos a lot (especially scj new years).

i think a list of participiants isn't necessary. If we have someone who is willing to edit the video, everyone who wants to can send his clip (using mail) untill one specific day.

sparx
German Diabolo Forum: http://www.diabolotreff.de/

Martijn

Collab?
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2006, 08:40:48 pm »
Right, the fun thing is that nobody knows who is going to enter... cool :) Let's keep it anonymous then. Just email the editor (is it going to be me...?) that you want to enter.

Mattias

Collab?
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2006, 08:42:07 pm »
Martijn will edit then.
And a list could be good to have to know of a max length of each clip so we dont end up with a 1 minute video or a 20 minute one...

So I say we keep doing the list.
Search and
Trick and Video Archive

eggy900

Collab?
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2006, 09:30:27 pm »
sounds like an awesome idea. I'm sure the Vertical Reality boys would love to get a clip in there.

fredo

Collab?
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2006, 10:01:39 pm »
a sort of list could be useful, in order not to have the same trick twice or have a huge amount of very different tricks...but I'd agree on keeping it anonymous, would be fun...

t4Unt<ALeX>

Collab?
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2006, 10:07:08 pm »
i could try edit it, but dont rely on me would be the first time =] (i have got sony video vegas 5.0)

Mattias

Collab?
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2006, 10:18:16 pm »
Let's just agree on Martijn and concentrate on the clips and organization. Lets just get out there and film some tricks!

So we are doing it anonymously then. Just discard my name from the list then :P

Maybe I should practice that BBB genocide... Oh well, good luck!
Search and
Trick and Video Archive

-Leo-

• VotW Contributor
Collab?
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2006, 10:44:01 pm »
I'd do it if can get hold of a camera. If one of my friends [Llama_Bill] gets back from uni I could borrow his camera. Should we put our names or usernames in the corner of our videos or something?
Behind your back is your front.

Arjan

Collab?
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2006, 11:12:08 pm »
This idea is fun. Not new for most of us though. We all have seen projects like these. As far as I can remember they were really good, on all levels.

Lets not focus then on technical diabolo only. Or let`s try to make technical diabolo functional for the final montage. Some sort of a story would be neccary to let it make any sense.

Offcourse new stuff is appreciated... but than not just that little small new variation, or transition into or between all those "old" moves. It would be intresting to see if people tried to maintain as origional and fresh as possible. Then there is a good theme for the video aswell. And would kick ass! Offcourse, some shots of long SS sequences, like Sharpess 45605040 are appreciated. Or that style in wich Busk handels his twin wheels, that is good stuff for a montage like this.

What do you think people?

The Void

Collab?
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2006, 11:41:02 pm »
Tijn, if you want to run a project like this, may I make a suggestion? Stop posting in this thread, and start a new one with *your* rules/requirements/ideas. That way, you get to say "this IS happening", rather than wait on the potentially endless discussions/maybes/ifs/buts that tend to kill these things off in a tedium of indecision.

Good luck.

The Void
Straight shooter
Read the thread? Get the gear! VERTAX IS RUBBISH and other tees & hoodies: www.tlmb.net/tees

Nathan

Collab?
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2006, 11:43:48 pm »
For anyone planning to submit a clip, I recommend (from experience) yousendit for sending it in.

And I liked the idea of putting usernames in the corner.